We successfully opened our AquaEd swim school on Monday 27th July in accordance with the governments ‘Covid safe’ measures. We have over 12,000 swimmers per week enjoying being part of our successful AquaEd Swim scheme. Some of the programme changes we have had to make have resulted in your day and time of lesson being altered, we thank you for your patience.
- Only one adult should accompany a child to the swimming lesson to limit the number of customers in the centre.
- Swimmers should come to the pool ‘beach ready ‘with swim wear worn under clothing.
- Teachers will not be able to help with hats and goggles please ensure your child has these items on ready to commence the lesson.
- Follow the centres one-way system. There will be directional arrows on the floor to guide you around the centre.
- There may be restricted/no access to the changing rooms prior to the lesson.
- Swimmers are encouraged to shower at home prior to and after their lesson to minimise the amount of time spent in the changing rooms.
- Swimmers should bring their own equipment to the lesson where possible (please ensure it is clearly named)
- All Swimming Teachers will deliver their lessons from the poolside. Additional buoyancy aids will be used to ensure your child’s safety
- There will be no public swimming when the AquaEd lessons are in progress
- We are encouraging people to wear a face covering in communal areas (including whilst a spectator for AquaEd classes). Please be aware that some people may have exemptions and not to wear a face covering. We will do our best to approach this matter with care and consideration.
Please be aware there may be specific differences at your site, please follow staff instructions, we are here to help.
What is AquaEd?
AquaEd is SLL’s learn to swim programme. We currently teach over 12,000 people per week, covering all ages and abilities. The scheme runs for 50 weeks of the year and you can enrol at any time. There is constant assessment to ensure you progress through the stages at a time that works for you. AquaEd members can practice their skills outside of lessons with discounted public swimming sessions throughout the week.*
We have lessons for all ages and abilities
We provide lessons for babies, children, teenagers and adults. A child can start on the AquaEd scheme from 6 months old and there is no maximum age. We also offer child & adult private tuition on a ratio of 1:1 or 1:2 & Adult learn to swim.
We do more than swimming lessons
In addition, we offer a range of additional activities such as Mini Polo, Rookie Lifeguard,
Pre-Competitive Swimming and Diving.
Lessons Available at
- Catmose Sports Centre
- Flitwick Leisure Centre
- Hitchin Swimming Centre
- Houghton Regis Leisure Centre
- North Herts Leisure Centre
- Royston Leisure Centre
- Saxon Pool & Leisure Centre
- Stevenage Swimming Centre
- Tiddenfoot Leisure Centre
- The Dunstable Centre
Type of Sessions Available
- Adult Swimming Lessons
- Adult & Baby/Child
- Rookie Lifeguard
- Mini Polo
- AquaEd Crash Courses
- AquaEd School Swimming
- Distance Awards
- Sessions available at selected centres
Reasons to join
- Runs for 50 weeks a year
- Monthly direct debit payments
- Fun, engaging and professional teaching
- Awards at each stage
- Home Portal facility to manage progress
- Subsidised swimming outside of lessons